The work of the Heartfelt is unique, demanding, challenging, confronting and profoundly rewarding.
We are looking for very special photographers and retouchers who would like to donate their time, skill and heart for the benefit of families needing our services.
Volunteer as a Heartfelt Photographer
The photographers we are looking for need to demonstrate an ability to work with families and children and to produce high quality portraiture. They are skilled in the use of controlled lighting and have a deep sensitivity in their personal manner and their work.
Do I meet the requirements to be a heartfelt photographer?
- You have the ability to use lighting techniques including bounce or fill flash, soft boxes or willingness to learn.
- You are able to post-process images in Bridge/Lightroom/Photoshop in colour and black and white within a week of the session.
- You can provide examples of your work in this area in order to assess your suitability to join Heartfelt (please see suitable examples).
- You are prepared to make yourself available for ten sessions annually (for metro areas only).
- If you are an Australian photographer, you have the state appropriate working with children check (WWCC/Blue Card) or able to apply for one. Victorian photographers will also be required to supply a Police Check
Download the Volunteer Photographer Application Brochure
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer photographer please download the pdf brochure checklist. You will find the information required with sample photos on the types of photos to submit with your application.
Volunteer as a Heartfelt Retoucher
Heartfelt retouchers need to have strong retouching skills significantly beyond basic processing in the following areas;
What skills are required for a Heartfelt retoucher?
- Background removal - removing or minimizing medical or distracting backgrounds
- Skin reconstruction - removing or minimizing of tubes, cords, tapes or sometime significant skin blemishes
- Control over B&W conversions - with flexibility to adjust the conversion for various skin colour and tones
- Spot, Contrast and Colour control - to recover images from family or hospital supplied files
Download the Volunteer Retoucher Application Brochure
Please download the Retoucher Brochure if you would like more information on becoming a volunteer retoucher. The brochure information includes retouching requirements and steps to apply.
The Review Process
Your application, including examples of your work will be reviewed and a Heartfelt representative will be in touch with a response within 3-5 weeks of your completed application being received.
We understand that you might have many questions about the work and of yourself.
There is a page of Frequently Asked Questions that might answer some of your questions. We occasionally have information sessions in each state to enable potential members to meet current members and get a better understanding of what membership entails.
Australia: Vivian Hayles on 0439 933 923 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Zealand: Emma MacDonald on 0800583768.
Alternatively, please follow our Heartfelt page on Facebook and become part of the community.
Thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you into the Heartfelt community.
Before you proceed with the application below, please ensure you have;
Please understand that applications without the above elements will not be considered.